Destination Maternity Corporation
Design and front-end coding of websites, microsites, emails, and banner ads. Maintain and update websites and partner emails.
UX Project Lead
Wharton Research Data Services
(8/2011 - 3/2015)
Work to improve the user experience of the WRDS platform. Responsibilities include employing UX design methods to new and existing products. Conduct user research, stakeholder interviews, develop personas, test products for usability, build wireframes and prototypes; and assess and build site information architecture. Oversee digital content strategy: develop content guidelines and workflows, create written and visual content (e.g. documents, videos, images), and provide editorial assistance.
- Designed UI and functional prototypes for Code Lookup and Search tools.
- Developed new method of transferring subscriber accounts from one institution to another.
- Participated in AMA "IT Project Management" training course.
- Presented a session on sketching, wireframing, and protyping methods to Wharton Computing's developers group.
- Consulted with Wharton Computing's Learning Lab team on establishing UX best practices and methods.
Senior Web Developer
Temple University, College of Liberal Arts
Oversaw and executed web communications strategy for the College of Liberal Arts. Responsibilities included CMS selection, Wordpress theme development, content strategy, and project management for migrating 30+ affiliated organizations into software. Acted as liaison between university-level communications and computer services workgroups and subordinate organizations. Produced, wrote, and edited features for College’s main website. Manage College social media accounts; prepared monthly website and social media analytics reports for Dean.
- Oversaw and managed the redesign of College website.
Temple University, BTMM Department
(8/2008 - 5/2010)
Served in a position for which a professor or another professional had ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services. Performed duties that were instructional in nature, as well as delivered direct services to students. Enforced administration policies and rules governing students. Took class attendance, and maintained attendance records. Prepared lesson materials, equipment, and demonstrations. Assigned, collected and graded course projects and assignments.
- Spring 2010: Intro to Media Technology, Intro to Television Production
- Fall & Spring 2008-2009: Intro to Media Technology, Intro to Radio
- Fall 2009: Mass Media & Society
Her Jazz Blog
(9/2000 – 2012)
A music blog—the first of its kind in Philadelphia—that covered independent bands, media, and culture. Occasionally functioned as the companion website to my radio program on WPRB 103.3 FM. Solely responsible for creating and preparing written, visual, and audio content.
WPRB 103.3 FM
(5/2001 – present)
Host a weekly freeform music radio program on WPRB 103.3 FM, a 14,000-watt community supported independent station. Responsible for reviewing and programming music for airplay, as well as operating station during program and adhering to all FCC and station policies. Engineer in-studio performances for broadcast. Respond to listener inquiries and provide information when necessary. Maintain relationships with listeners and fans via the program’s official Facebook fan page.
- Hosted 12-hour marathon program in 2008, highlighting the station’s top 103 releases of the year.
- Selected past on-air guests: Basia Bulat (Rough Trade), Dead Milkmen, Stereolab (4AD Records), The Breeders (4AD), Oxford Collapse (Sub Pop), No Age (Sub Pop), Love Is All (What’s Your Rupture?), Scrawl (Rough Trade), Antietam (Thrill Jockey), Party Photographers, and Patternismovement (Hometapes).
Sales & Marketing Manager
Princeton Broadcasting Service, LLC
(6/2007-8/2007, 6/2008-8/2008, 6/2009-8/2009)
Oversaw daily summertime operations for the Sales and Marketing Departments at WPRB 103.3 FM. Organized over 20 station-sponsored summertime events. Developed and executed marketing and sales plans for radio station, work with management to plan annual on-air fundraiser. Reported to Station Manager and Board of Trustees.
(1/2000 – 11/2006)
Oversaw the programming, promotions and all essential day-to-day management of a Philadelphia-based, “do-it-yourself,” award-winning live music agency specializing in small (100- to 250-person capacity) venues. Reviewed submitted materials from prospective artists, contacted performers, negotiated contracts, handled event logistics (including ticket sales, sound engineering, and artist support) and payment of artists. Additionally responsible for website design and maintenance, created promotional materials (posters, handbills, advertisements), and maintained communication with local press and writers.
- Over the course of six years, Plain Parade presented approximately 250 live events including music, theatrical, literary, and comedy events.
- Conceived and produced local music MP3 compilation Songs From the Sixth Borough (2005), which received national coverage from NPR.
- Organized two installments of Rock Lotto, an experimental music competition, in 2003 and 2004.
- Received the following awards and recognition: Philadelphia Weekly, #24 in “103 Things We Love About Philadelphia”, March 2003; Philadelphia City Paper Choice Awards, “Best Upstart Show Bookers”, October 2003; Philadelphia City Paper Choice Awards, “Best Dancing Bookers”, October 2003; Philadelphia City Paper Choice Awards, “Most Missed Rock Curators”, October 2006.
Freelance Graphic Designer, Writer, and Photographer
(5/2001 – 11/2008)
Past work has included art direction and photography for press kits, posters, catalogs, brochures, magazines, websites and packaging. Writing responsibilities include but not limited to: writing and blogging for both print and online outlets, copy creation and editing for press kits and musician bios.
- Panelist, South By Southwest Music Conference & Festival (Austin, TX), "Getting Your Music Heard in the Streaming Age", March 2014.
- Panelist, 2013 Write/Speak/Code conference (New York, NY), "Conference Organizer's Panel", June 2013.
- Panelist, South By Southwest Music Conference & Festival (Austin, TX), "Stairway to Heaven and Cloud Music", March 2013.
- Speaker, National Popular Culture & American Culture Conference (New Orleans, LA), “I Turn My Camera On: Concert Photography and Music Journalism”, April 2009.
- Panelist, GRAMMY Foundation (Philadelphia, PA), "Independent Radio", July 2008.
- Panelist, South By Southwest Music Conference & Festival (Austin, TX), "Blogs Gone Wild", March 2006.
- Speaker, Experience Music Project Pop Conference (Seattle, WA), “Lost In Translation: Musical Selection In Figure Skating", April 2006.
- Panelist, Indie Night School (Philadelphia, PA), “Philadelphia Promoters”, July 2005.
- Learn To Skate Instructor, United States Figure Skating, 3/2016—present.
- Girls Rock Philly, Sustainer Committee member, 5/2014.
- Girls Rock Philly, Volunteer Guitar Instructor, 2013-2015.
- Wharton Web Conference, Programming Committee Chair, 7/2013.
- Ladyfest Philly, organizing committee, 6/2013.
- Ladyhacks Philadelphia, organizing committee, 3/2013.
- Philadelphia Area New Media Association, board member, 2011-2012.
- Ladyfest Philly, organizing committee, 3/2003.
M.A. in Media Studies, January 2010.
B.F.A in Photography, The University of the Arts, May 2001.
- Master’s Thesis: The Production and Use of Popular Music Concert Photography (IRB Project No. 12479).
- Selected Coursework: Communication Theory & Research Methods, Mass Media Content & Behavior, Mass Communication & Journalism History, Social Theory of Marx, Weber & Durkheim, Visual Communication, Psychological Processing of the Media, Media & Social Memory, Popular Music Theory, Urban Sociology.
- Fujifilm Student Awards, Documentary Photography, Honorable Mention, May 2001.
Skills & Applications
- Adobe Creative Suite
- CMS: Blogger, Tumblr, Wordpress
- Content Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- ENG/EFP Audio/Visual Production
- Final Cut & Avid
- Information Architecture
- Interface Design
- Persona & Scenario Development
- Project Management
- ProTools, Audacity, Hindenburg
- Protyping & Wireframing
- Qualitative Methods: Ethnography, Survey, Interviewing
- Rhetoric & Persuasive Writing
- Social Media
- Usability Testing
- Visual Design & Communication
- Web Analytics
- Agile/Lean/Waterfall Software Development
- Command Line Interface
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Version Control (SVN & GIT)
Room For Improvement
- Google Refine